- The Other Parrot Joke
- Coping with Cancer, Part 9 - Resources for the Patient and Family
- Coping with Cancer, Part 8 - Living Each Day
- Coping with Cancer, Part 7 - The Cancer Patient and the Outside World
- Coping with Cancer, Part 6 - Cancer and Self-Image
- Coping with Cancer, Part 5 - The Health Care Team
- Coping with Cancer, Part 4 - Cancer and the Family Unit
- Coping with Cancer, Part 3 - Emotional Timetables
- Coping with Cancer, Part 2 - Should You Tell?
- Coping with Cancer - Support for Seniors and Others with Cancer Part 1
- Coping with Arthritis
- Happy 2016 | Compression Hosiery | Reward Points
- Answers to The Christmas Music Quiz
- You Can't Outfox this Lady Driver
- A Guide to Medicines, Alcohol and Aging
- The Christmas Music Quiz
- NOT the Way to Lose Weight During the Holidays
- Relieve Holiday Stress
- Reward Points
- SeniorS-SuperStoreS.com Gift Certificate
- Dave Barry’s Colonoscopy Journal
- 9 Tips to Keep your Online Identity Safe
- 13 Things Not To Say to Police Officers
- Are Discarded Cans and Bottles our Legacy for Future Generations?
- Smoke Detector Maintenance
- A Doilie a Day
- Tool to Help you Plan your Retirement
- The 4th Sunday in October
- Exercise and the Heart
- Solve These Computer Problems
- 25 Estate Planning Checklist Points
- Older Adults and Oral Health
- Insightful Look at a Full Life
- Eye Care Service for Senior Citizens
- No Nursing Home for Us
- October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- Seniors and Hearing Loss
- What Did We Do Without Spellcheckers on Our Computers?
- Memory Foam Uses for Orthopedic Conditions
- How to Dispose of Unused Medications
- How to Restore your Car's Headlights
- Don't Mess with Women who Read
- Oddities of the English Language
- Home Care Scams Against Seniors
- Tips for cleaning hairs from a razor
- Tonto's parting words of advice to The Lone Ranger
- What special day this year falls on September 13, 2015?
- Politicians will make 2016 a horrible hurricane season!
- Eyesight is not the only sense we lose......
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Cures for Sunburn and Kitchen Burns
- Assistive Devices for Special Needs of Seniors
- The National Council on Aging and BenefitsCheckUp.Org
- Philosophical Ponderings on the Aging Process........
- Medicare Web Site Rates Nursing Homes
- 16 Factors to Consider When Looking for a Nursing Home
- I Love My Bed Buddy
- Noah in the 21st Century
- Socks for Peripheral Neuropathy Foot Problems
- Who Will Take Care of Mom?
- Avoiding Back Pain While Traveling
- Email OOPS! - Humorous look at the risks of emails
- The Ins and Outs of Viaticals
- Kegel Exercise to Reduce Incontinence and for More Pleasurable Intimacy
- Our Country Has Another Birthday on July 4th
- July 6 Recognition May Gain Some Traction in America
- Fire Safety for the Mobility Impaired
- How a Care Giver can Prepare for Emergencies
- Heat Therapy vs. Cold Therapy for Weekend Warrior Injuries
- You Can't Mess with the Experts Humorous look at married life
- Weekend Warrior Injuries Among Seniors - Part 3
- Recipe for Safe Cooking - How to Avoid Kitchen Fire
- Weekend Warrior Injuries Among Seniors - Part 2
- Weekend Warrior Injuries Among Seniors - Part 1
- Hope and Help for Seniors with Alzheimer's Disease
- Do NOT Return Area Code 809 Calls!
- A Hospital Responds to Budget Cuts
- Seniors! Avoid "Do Not Call" Scams
- Butchering the English Language
- Seniors, Beat the Heat
How many of you got all of them correct? Did you share the quiz with your friends to see how they did, or did you call on anyone for help?
Now, here are the answers; see how you did.
A couple goes on vacation to a fishing resort in northern Minnesota. The husband likes to fish at the crack of dawn, while the wife likes to read.
One morning the husband returns after several hours of fishing and decides to take a nap. Although not familiar with the lake, the wife decides to take the boat out.
She motors out a short distance, anchors, and continues to read her book. Along comes a game warden in his boat....
Despite all of the problems the naysayers, the complainers and the media point out about our government, we know there are many, many great things going for the US....we wouldn’t trade our country for any other.....
Things we should be thankful for about our nation:
This is the last installment of a 4 part series dealing with common problems that we seniors face as we get involved with occasional activities that may tend to cause injuries.
Whether we are involved in age-appropriate athletic endeavors, household chores, gardening, or working in our yards, we surely will suffer some degree of weekend warrior malady at some time.
The question that comes up is whether to treat it with heat or cold. Hot and Cold therapies are the two most common forms of non invasive and non addictive therapies that can be used to treat aches, pains, or injury.
This is the third part of a 4 part series dealing with common problems that seniors face as they get involved with occasional activities that may tend to cause injuries.
In this installment we continue this discussion of weekend warrior injuries by looking at some treatments that are available for the aging population who might occasionally over-do-it.